Product Informationexpand all collapse all
Generic Prandin (repaglinide) is an oral diabetes medicine that helps control blood sugar levels. This medication lowers blood sugar by causing the pancreas to produce insulin. Generic Prandin is used together with diet and exercise to treat type 2 diabetes. Other diabetes medicines are sometimes used in combination with repaglinide if needed.
How to take
Take Generic Prandin exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Generic Prandin is usually taken 2 to 4 times daily, within 30 minutes before eating a meal. Follow your doctor's instructions. If you skip a meal, do not take your dose of Prandin. Wait until your next meal.
Your blood sugar will need to be checked often, and you may need other blood tests at your doctor's office. Visit your doctor regularly.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction to Generic Prandin: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- seizure (convulsions);
- severe pain in your upper stomach spreading to your back, nausea and vomiting, fast heart rate;
- pale or yellowed skin, dark colored urine, fever, confusion or weakness; or
- fever, sore throat, and headache with a severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash.
Less serious Generic Prandin side effects may include:
- runny or stuffy nose, sneezing, cough, cold or flu symptoms;
- diarrhea, nausea;
- back pain, headache;
- blurred vision;
- joint pain; or
- temporary hair loss.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.
Avoid drinking alcohol while taking Generic Prandin. It lowers blood sugar and may interfere with your diabetes treatment. Do not use Generic Prandin if you are allergic to repaglinide, if you have type 1 diabetes, or if you are in a state of diabetic ketoacidosis (call your doctor for treatment with insulin).
Tell your doctor about all other medications you use, especially:
- cyclosporine (Gengraf, Neoral, Sandimmune);
- deferasirox (Exjade);
- St. John's wort;
- an antibiotic such as clarithromycin (Biaxin), dalfopristin/quinupristin (Synercid), erythromycin (E.E.S., EryPed, Ery-Tab, Erythrocin, Pediazole), or telithromycin (Ketek);
- an antifungal medication such as fluconazole (Diflucan), itraconazole (Sporanox), or ketoconazole (Nizoral);
- a barbiturate such as phenobarbital (Solfoton);
- heart or blood pressure medication such as diltiazem (Cartia, Cardizem), nicardipine (Cardene), nifedipine (Nifedical, Procardia), verapamil (Calan, Covera, Isoptin, Verelan), and others;
- HIV/AIDS medicine such as delavirdine (Rescriptor), efavirenz (Sustiva, Atripla), fosamprenavir (Lexiva), indinavir (Crixivan), ritonavir (Norvir), and others;
- rifabutin (Mycobutin), rifampin (Rifadin, Rifater, Rifamate), or rifapentine (Priftin); or
- seizure medication such as carbamazepine (Carbatrol, Equetro, Tegretol), phenytoin (Dilantin), primidone (Mysoline), and others.
If you miss a dose of Generic Prandin, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take two doses at once.
Store Generic Prandin at room temperature, between 59 and 77 degrees F (15 and 25 degrees C), in a tightly closed container. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Generic Prandin out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Jake F., 45, Illinos Standard ED Pack (Generic)
“My ED was giving me nightmares! Yes, I could use Viagra but it was too expensive to buy all the time. That’s why I ordered a generic version at Canadian Pharmacy and could not be happier with the results.”
Janine L., 35, Winnipeg Albuterol
“What I like most about this pharmacy is that they deliver very fast and always package it securely so no one knows what I ordered. It is a big deal for someone who has very nosy neighbours.”
Sandra S., 41, Edinburgh Zyban (Generic)
“It is nice and affordable to buy meds here. I only needed some pills to stop smoking, but I can see they have lots of offers in other categories too. I think I found a perfect pharmacy for my needs.”
Dave M., 28, Oslo Zithromax (Generic)
“I have bought a lot of medications at this pharmacy and I can tell they only sell quality stuff. Trusted and safe generics and the prices are rather low. A perfect price-quality combination!”
Erin F., 61, Sydney Xanax (Generic)
“During my treatment, I was prescribed a lot of costly medications not covered with insurance. Would’ve never been able to afford them if not for this amazing pharmacy.”
Jacob, 35, Ottawa Prozac (Generic)
"I just love how I can order from home and then get my items delivered for free. No lines, no prescriptions, it’s just like Amazon for pills!”