Product Informationexpand all collapse all
Treating Parkinson disease, certain conditions caused by too much prolactin in the blood (e.g., excessive or abnormal breast milk production), certain menstrual problems, or abnormally large growth of certain body parts (acromegaly). It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Bromocriptine is a dopamine agonist. It works by blocking the release of prolactin from the pituitary gland and lowering growth hormone levels (in patients with acromegaly). In Parkinson disease, bromocriptine works by stimulating dopamine receptors in certain parts of the brain.
How to take
Take exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label. Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results.
Generic Parlodel is usually taken twice daily with meals.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop taking this medicine and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- vision problems, constant runny nose;
- chest pain, pain when you breathe, fast heart rate, rapid breathing, feeling short of breath (especially when lying down);
- back pain, swelling in your ankles or feet, urinating less than usual or not at all;
- confusion, hallucinations, feeling like you might pass out;
- low blood sugar (headache, hunger, weakness, sweating, tremors, irritability, trouble concentrating);
- muscle movements you cannot control, loss of balance or coordination;
- bloody or tarry stools, coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds; or
- dangerously high blood pressure (severe headache, blurred vision, buzzing in your ears, anxiety, confusion, chest pain, shortness of breath, uneven heartbeats, seizure).
Less serious side effects may include:
- dizziness, spinning sensation, mild drowsiness, feeling tired;
- mild headache, depressed mood, sleep problems (insomnia);
- dry mouth, stuffy nose;
- upset stomach, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, loss of appetite, diarrhea, constipation; or
- cold feeling or numbness in your fingers.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.
Avoid using an ergot medicine at any time while you are taking Generic Parlodel. Ergot medicine are used to treat migraine headaches, and include ergotamine (Ergomar, Cafergot, Migergot), dihydroergotamine (D.H.E. 45, Migranal), and methylergonovine (Methergine):
Generic Parlodel may impair your thinking or reactions. Some people taking Generic Parlodel have fallen asleep during normal daytime activities such as working, talking, eating, or driving. You may fall asleep suddenly, even after feeling alert. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert.
Many other drugs can interact with Generic Parlodel. Below is just a partial list. Tell your doctor if you are using:
- an antidepressant, a sedative or narcotic medication, medicines to treat psychiatric disorders;
- an antibiotic or antifungal medication, anti-malaria drugs;
- asthma or allergy medication;
- cancer medicine, medicines used to prevent organ transplant rejection;
- cholesterol-lowering drugs such as simvastatin (Zocor);
- an oral diabetes medication;
- heart or blood pressure medications, heart rhythm medication;
- HIV or AIDS medications;
- seizure medications;
- sildenafil (Viagra) and other erectile dysfunction medicines; or
- stomach acid reducers.
This list is not complete and there are many other drugs that can interact with Generic Parlodel.
Jake F., 45, Illinos Standard ED Pack (Generic)
“My ED was giving me nightmares! Yes, I could use Viagra but it was too expensive to buy all the time. That’s why I ordered a generic version at Canadian Pharmacy and could not be happier with the results.”
Janine L., 35, Winnipeg Albuterol
“What I like most about this pharmacy is that they deliver very fast and always package it securely so no one knows what I ordered. It is a big deal for someone who has very nosy neighbours.”
Sandra S., 41, Edinburgh Zyban (Generic)
“It is nice and affordable to buy meds here. I only needed some pills to stop smoking, but I can see they have lots of offers in other categories too. I think I found a perfect pharmacy for my needs.”
Dave M., 28, Oslo Zithromax (Generic)
“I have bought a lot of medications at this pharmacy and I can tell they only sell quality stuff. Trusted and safe generics and the prices are rather low. A perfect price-quality combination!”
Erin F., 61, Sydney Xanax (Generic)
“During my treatment, I was prescribed a lot of costly medications not covered with insurance. Would’ve never been able to afford them if not for this amazing pharmacy.”
Jacob, 35, Ottawa Prozac (Generic)
"I just love how I can order from home and then get my items delivered for free. No lines, no prescriptions, it’s just like Amazon for pills!”